Beet Chocolate Energy and Protein Bites 🍫
Yields: 18-20 balls
• 10 Medjool dates
• 1/4 cup almond butter
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 small cooked beet
• 1 tbsp raw cacao
• 1 tbsp maca
• 2 scoops of our SbP protein-powder (chocolate)
• 1/2 cup flax meal (gluten-free)
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
Optional toppings: coconut shreds, dark cacao chips or nibs, gluten-free oats, ground almonds
1. Remove pits from dates and soak in water for at least 30 minutes to soften. Once softened, drain dates and add to a food processor.
2. Add remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend. Don’t over blend as the texture will be too sticky and thin. For a chunkier texture, process only dates, cooked beet and almond butter and then add to a bowl and mix with remaining dry ingredients.
3. The texture should be chunky and sticky. If too sticky, add a little more coconut flour or flax meal.
4. Scoop the mixture and roll into small balls. If too sticky, coat hands with coconut flour. Roll the mixture into small balls. Roll each individual ball into coconut shreds.
5. Place balls on parchment paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving. These are best refrigerated for an hour or two before serving. Energy bites will keep in the fridge for at least a week, or you may freeze them in a freezer-friendly container for a few months. Enjoy!