1. Create a caloric deficit. You have to burn more than you take in. It’s as simple as that.
2. Choose the right kind of foods. Sure, you have to cut down on calories, but you still have to watch what you take in. You can’t live on two meals a day. To total your caloric needs, get a minimum of three meals a day.
3. Choose proteins and veggies over everything. Put them in priority. If you need to take in 100 grams of proteins per day, that would be your main goal. Proteins are the building block of any type of diet.
4. Forget about the ‘’eating 6 meals a day’’ mentality. Your digestive system needs a rest. Eating every 2-3 hours is a stress on the body, especially if done over extended periods of time.
5. Get your sleep right. If you can’t sleep, you can’t rest. If you can’t rest, your body can’t regenerate and get ready for the next day. Imagine that to be able to lose fat, cortisol, the stress hormone, must be at its optimal range. Not too high, not too low. Eliminate stress = less cortisol. Less cortisol = easier and faster fat loss.
Only you know what causes your stress so deal with it NOW! Eliminate negative people from your life, take more vacations, get some fresh air and start improving your sleep right now.