Holiday damage control
The most wonderful time of the year is upon us! Let us rejoice and mess up a full year of hard workouts in a matter of days. In reality, you have to let go and enjoy the time you have with family and friends without getting on everyone’s nerve, even your own, because you can’t eat this or that. What you can do though is make sure you will deserve those carbs.
Follow these training tips to deserve ‘’the carbs’’.
1. Increase volume, like in more sets, giant sets, supersets, super death sets.
2. HIIT increases insulin sensitivity. Finish your workouts with 2 or 3 sets of Tabata training such as 8x(20work-10rest) interval training.
3. Train right before the feasts. This will also increase insulin sensitivity.
4. Train harder for at 3-4 weeks before the holidays. I make the extra effort to train my clients extra hard a few weeks before the holidays so they can deserve guiltless cheat meals.
5. Cut the carbs a few weeks before. Make some space by depleting glycogen stores for a few weeks.
Don’t be a party pooper and enjoy the holidays. Get those gains coming and clean it up, after all, is said and done. A little rest and extra calories for regeneration never killed anyone.